Tuesday, November 08, 2005

golden leaves

I'm missing the countryside again. I suspect the leaves are not helping. When I parked the car this morning, it was parked into a pile of lovely thick golden leaves. I put on my coat and scarf and had a sudden desire to grab my wellies from the back of the car, pull them on and kick all the leaves around. Unfortunately I quelled this desire, slung my bag over my shoulder, and climbed up the steps to my office. In hindsight it was the wrong decision, at 8:00am the car park is pretty much empty and so I wouldn't have embarassed myself too much.

The beginning of this week has been lovely and quiet. Now we are over half way through term, I can expect the work to quicken, and it will do as the week goes on. But I enjoyed a relaxed Sunday reading PD James, and a Monday evening cooking chicken casserole and playing with the cats.

On Friday I've booked myself another massage. It is turning into a regular weekly appointment now and has done my back a world of good. As I leave, I feel the whole world has been lifted, each muscle stretched slightly and then relaxed, falling back into place and not tensing. On Friday I was treated to some Reiki, a little unnerving at first, but by the end of it I could feel myself pulsing with energy.

On Saturday I'm having my hair cut again. I've now got used to having it that bit shorter, and that much curlier, and am looking forward to an hours worth of pampering. I've then got to make a start on the Christmas presents, before heading out to Ben's 30th Birthday Party in the evening. I promise to try not to point and giggle, after all, thirty isn't that far off for me.

No comments: