Friday, November 04, 2005

birthday one

Happy Birthday to Rachel! Katharine and I will be cooking a delicious dinner tonight to celebrate Rachel's birthday as I can't make her party tomorrow due to the Lewes Bonfire Night.

I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't made it to Lewes in years, mostly because getting back on the trains is such a nightmare, but I have always loved the it. I used to live in Lewes until I was about 7, and even got my photo on the front page of the Sussex Express one year when I tagged along to a procession dressed as Little Bo Beep, complete with cuddly goat under my arm. Very sweet. However, I suspect that whichever Society I hopped along with were rather unimpressed!

This year I shall be camping out in my Dad's office, with the perfect view over the High Street for the processions, so hopefully will keep dry for some of the time.

No comments: