Wednesday, February 08, 2006

green fields

There are days when my brain, constantly interrupted by the phone and people bursting into the office with pleas for help, beings to feel as if it is going to explode. Hundreds of different thoughts fly about, as if electrically charged, bumping into each other and starting little fires. I find myself talking faster, as if this will somehow help me keep up with my thoughts, words rushing out and all into one.

And suddenly it all stops, and I stare out the window at the blue sky and the green fields, and I have this extraordinary desire to run. Run and run and run, through the fields and towards the end of the sky.

I hate running. This tells me that I need to slow down, take a break, have a coffee or perhaps even tea, and banish these horrible thoughts of running forever. Bring back the stroll, I say.

No comments: