Tuesday, May 16, 2006

storm

With the clouds looming overhead, thick and heavy grey with rain, and the darkness spreading through the sky, I get a tingling in the tips of my fingers. This afternoon I am all built-up-energy, brain flashing, fidgeting and unable to sit still. I look about me, thoughts not staying on one surface for longer than a few seconds, and even my speech is faster, less coherent, jumping about.

I get the feeling of a thunder storm brewing, the closeness and this reined in energy are sure signs to my mind. I want to jump up and run out, dancing in the rain drops, getting soaked to the skin. Instead I am surrounded by exam scripts, elastic bands and chatter, listening to the heavy raindrops hit the window. All frustration, all bound up, and the tingling in my fingers doesn't stop.

2 comments:

charlotte said...

You're absolutely right, it is the imminent storm, isn't it. I haven't been able to concentrate on one thing for more than 60 seconds today and my words are all jumbled wrongness.
The skies over London are black - here's hoping it breaks soon...

A Novelist said...

We have the exact same weather as you do in the U.K. Personally, I think there is a large, black cloud over most of the earth. LOL. :)